Sunday, March 3, 2013

WIWS: Why Pregnant Women Go Barefoot




This is what I literally threw together to wear to Mass today.  I call this ensemble, "one more reason to get a full-length mirror in our bedroom;" it isn't quite as swell as I'd thought.  This was my third outfit attempt of the morning; I had to quit running to the full-length mirror in the main bathroom, as I was running out of time.

Brown skirt: Duo Maternity
Blue embroidered tank: Old Navy
Blazer: Larry Levine (from Marshall's, at least ten years old!)
Shoes: Never you mind; they are 12 years old, more suited to pants, and totally didn't go with this outfit.

I finally found a pair of maternity pantyhose, so I wore them today as well.  I am horrified to say that they looked like my grandmother's support hose in the other photos; no world wide web, I am not showing them to you!!

My feet are crying out for cowgirl boots; perhaps I should use this pregnancy as reason to buy a pair.  That way my pregnant stature can get to Mass in fashionable flat-footed attire (and if I choose to wear the pregnant lady support hose, they'll be obscured).

At least I had on makeup, including lipstick.  And I brushed my hair for real, using a brush, and not the mere "finger-combing"technique I utilized last weekend.  You see, last Sunday, na'ry a hairbrush could be found for the girls and I.  Little G had absconded with and misplaced every hairbrush in the house.  I think she did it on purpose, because she hates getting her hair brushed.

I'd purchased three new hairbrushes on Monday.  Murphy's Law then went into effect (I knew it would), so after my purchase, two of the original three missing brushes turned up.  Now there is a hair brush for every room in the house.  I shall be perfectly coiffed from this moment on!

That's all, folks!  Click over to Fine Linen and Purple for some non-failing footwear and more matched ensembles.



6 comments:

  1. Yes. Buy yourself some boots. You deserve it. I bought Danskos when I was pregnant, because I too deserved it. BTW, love the detailing on the sweater!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Shannon! I remember already being in line at Old Navy, and seeing the table of such embroidered tanks on display. I grabbed this and bought it untried, and never looked back.

      I need cowgirl boots, for sure!

      Delete
  2. Sheesh, this has got to be a woman thing. I bet Em thought you looked fine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This could not have been *bad* or he would have said something...I should blog about Emre's "Happy Christmas!" comment to me.

      Delete
  3. why not some riding boots (low heel, very comfortable)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are now a priority. I need roomy and comfy shoes!

      Delete