Sunday, February 24, 2013

WIWS: Rocking more Maternity Wear





My friend Christina passed along some beautiful floral/flowing maternity dresses.  Result: This week my dream of actually trying the dress-into-a-skirt look was fulfilled!  The sweater is also new; it was my Christmas gift to my husband, and it looked fabulous on him.  It is made in Italy... and made of wool.  Early this month it was mixed into the regular laundry hamper, and washed and dried (oops!) with our normal clothes, thus rendering it a perfect fit for me!  So sorry, sweetheart.  Happy Christmas!

Whenever I say "cheese," I look cheesy.  Coincidence?
Dress- ??? The tag is cut out.  First letter may have been a cursive "K."
Sweater- Men's Marco Fiori, Marshall's, $25-ish
Necklace- Premier Designs
Boots- Liz Claiborne Flex, Marshall's
Leggings (not visible)- from Target
I heart black.  

My youngest had to get in on the action too.  She loved her Mass outfit, which she topped off with a black mesh shawl as a head covering/mantilla (so cute, the pic doesn't even do it justice). After Mass she kept trying to leave without putting on her coat.  In her words, the bulky purple winter coat "would ruin my beauty."
This one is far more photogenic than I am.  She is also a fashionista in the making.  And yes, that is my necklace.
That is all for this week.  Click over to Fine Linen and Purple for more Mass-going Ladies' Fashion.

11 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. True that! Although it is back in my jewelry box for now, I suppose I should not expect to repeatedly *find* it there in the future!

      Delete
    2. I just put the necklace on again today, only to discover that it has teeth marks!! Ugh. That girl!!!

      Delete
    3. Ah, mother, your continual mercy and forgiveness towards your unworthy daughter, even before she asks for it, so automatically, continually, and unthinkingly given,is but a faint trace of the superabundant pardon the Father gives to each of us, his sons and daughters, from moment to moment in order to keep us alive in Him as we move through life here.

      Delete
    4. Tell me about it: I discovered the teethmarks as I was cleaning the BBQ sauce off of it, which had exploded onto the necklace when J.P. jumped onto the purse containing both necklace and leftover McD's bbq packets... And I am *only* able to breathe in deep and not scream when I first remember that Christ hung on a cross for me... so I can just build a bridge and get over it... Maybe give thanks for the first world problems I have, while I am at it!

      Delete
  2. It's nice to know that I'm not the only one who wears leggings under my long skirt when going to Mass! You look great! God bless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jennifer! I have been living in my leggings this winter; they are so comfy and warm. God bless you, too!

      Delete
  3. I too have once added to my wardrobe due to a mis-laundered wool sweater that used to be my husband's. Whoopsie. Your little is adorable, and you look so flowy and lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Shannon. Sometimes laundering mishaps can count in our favor!

      Delete
  4. Absolutely lovely...not cheesy at all. Beeeutiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mary! Thank you. God bless you!

      Delete