Sunday, January 27, 2013

WIWS: Sporting the Baby Belly



Last week reminded me that I prefer to wear more form-fitting clothes while pregnant.  I like having a baby on board, so why hide the fact?  Furthermore, for my shorter stature body type, anything too flowing ends up making me look boxy.  Which breaks my heart, because I love the look of billow-y bohemian-looking skirts, but such is life.

In light of this fact, and thanks to the example of several lovely ladies who linked up last week, I decided to try a maternity dress as a skirt.  At which point I remembered that I still haven't had my husband climb up to the attic to bring down the maternity remnants from the last time I was pregnant in 2006.  No worries, I found a non-maternity cotton/spandex dress that would fit my belly thanks to its high waist.  The gathered/bunchy top kept me from piling a sweater over it, however; doing so just looked wrong.  Instead, I brought out a blazer and just kept it unbuttoned.

It is cold in New England, so today I opted to wear leggings instead of tights (not that I have any to accomodate this belly yet).

Yes, I wore the same jewelry and boots as last week.  Consider this a running a theme.



Gratuitous belly shot:


The blazer is at least 10 years old.  I am sure I bought it at Marshall's!
The dress definitely came from Marshall's.
You know the boots did, too.
My leggings came from Target.

That's all I've got.  Head over to Fine Linen and Purple and be inspired!

5 comments:

  1. I love all the baby bellies! Show it off. The tan and black is classy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go baby bellies!! You look beautiful! Just beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't get enough of blazers lately! The only problem is, I have a grand total of 1 :-)

    ReplyDelete